This week I had my art show, so I did not get as much done as I had wanted. Despite this, I do not have much left to do; I just need to finish my advertisement (image of my progress is below) and continue to work on my process book until its completion (not shown).
Starting my Process Book with Research and Objective
I formatted my book on InDeisgn while using real books I own as reference to words per page, font, font size, letting, and when to justify my text and when not to. I also took note of the name and title at the top of the page as well as page numbers and new chapter formatting. I chose palatino for my font on the inside as well experimenting with various google fonts for my title and name on the cover. I spent a long while formatting as each page had to be consistent with the others and in order to order off blurb my pdf had to be a multiple of 6. I edited it twice more once I formatted to make sure there were no typos, however based off of blurb’s recommendation I am going to order 2 books to start as proofs and then order more depending on how many people want to buy one. I chose a soft cover for the sake of saving money and did a wrap around image with traditional book pages inside and a 5×8 size which is slightly smaller than traditional. It ended up being around 70 pages total.