Lets stitch and bind this bish hell yeah
I completed my jacket cover, and I’m planning to print out this week. The second picture is the pattern for the inside jacket layer, because that’s a thing. The last thing to do is finish up my chapter illustrations, then print and bound. I’ve already stated cutting paper down to size. Hell yeah.
Within a physical update: I got my book binding materials weeeeee I’ll show them in class. When I finish the cover and the rest of the illustrations, I’ll start bookbinding within the weeks.
The length of my jacket cover is 19 x 5.5, with the front and back being 5.5 x 8.5, the inner flaps are 3.5 x 5.5, and the spine is one inch long. I added a blueprint texture, which seems nice. I’ll mostly likely apply it to everywhere else. The art almost provides perfect space for the name, but it doesn’t fit the last letter, so fuck. So that’s why I left out the middle letter and I’m trying to think of a clever way to shove that in.
I can’t find a service that prints what I need to print, and if they do, they only do bulk orders, and I only need like 3 copies of this. So I’m going for the knockoff feel: matte photo paper, and adhesive metallic foil applied to where I want it to be shiny.
More illustrations and two book cover drafts. There will be more to each. Whichever cover illustration doesn’t make it to the front will be put on the back somehow. When I actually print it, there will be shiny red foil so it’s just two colors with one foil color just like in my inspo
. I’m planning to make the entire book cover jacket, but there’s a few things I need to gather first to do so. The back cover often has appraisal quotes from different people, so I’m collecting at least three. The front inner flap holds the synopsis, which I need to write myself. The back inner flap just has the author bio. My chapters will most likely not exceed three because it’s difficult and time confusing, so I’d make it for it with illustrations and designs.
I threw out some font choices, but I ended up choosing Orbitron from google fonts. I think it fits the cover nicely, and the future mood of the book, although in actual story content it feels like not much (in printing book format, around 35 pages). But I’d be throwing in the font somewhere within the pages for sure. I need to order materials soon for the physical book binding (book board, thick paper, glue, etc)
So I’m starting to make little illustration. They’re scratchy and they’re going to stay scratchy. This isn’t a picture book, and the vibe of the story is going to bleak and grayscale. When drawing talents in the story come, then nice drawings come later. The more action happening, maybe the more scratch drawings. But for now, little scratches here and there will pop up. I’m planning for an insane scratch page, a blueprint for a building, and technology maps. But this part was only for a prechapter.