This week I had my art show, so I did not get as much done as I had wanted. Despite this, I do not have much left to do; I just need to finish my advertisement (image of my progress is below) and continue to work on my process book until its completion (not shown).
This week I edited my spinning gif of the jar (which you can see here – https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1fBjEDy9i0GRN2m-lHeO4x_eW8-0qs8qs )I also made more progress on my process book. It is still in its very early stages, as it just has some images I plan to include and blurbs of text (there is an example below). I am also a little stuck on what to do for a poster advertisement. I know we talked about using imagery and including text on it, but I am not sure what text I should include. Below are some images I thought might work well for the poster advertisement. Finally, I submitted this project to Packaging of the World this week (as per Cindy and Leah’s suggestion).
This week I edited some of the photos I took last week, which are attached below. I also almost finished the gif of the jar spinning (I just need to fix it up a little bit more). Finally, I started planning my process book (images, steps to include, etc.)
This week I completely finalized my label, printed it (which I had to redo several times due to miscalculations in sizing), silkscreened tags, made a mockup, and photographed. I included one image (unedited) below. For next week, I plan to edit photos, start making gifs for advertisement, and begin working on my process book.
This week I finalized my label design (my process is shown below). Although my goal was to complete my mockups, I collected all my materials for them, and all I need to do is print! I will be creating the mockups this week, and taking photographs.
This week, I built off of the roughs from last week to make more completed roughs. Since they are still roughs, I plan to use in-class feedback / critique, in order to polish my label, print, and create mock-ups for next week. The following images show my progression of working through this week.
This past week I began making roughs for my package design. They are in the very early stages, as I am having a little bit of trouble coming up with an exact vision of what I want the final product to look like. I simply just placed boxes and text to block out certain areas for different elements of the packaging. (the circles are where the illustrations of the portraits of Nonno and Nonna will be) I also included a couple images I recently found as inspiration for illustrations.